the northern lights
2010. It was wonderful, intense, sad, exciting, scary, and magical all at once. I would say that those adjectives don't describe just one year, but they describe all of them. Life. The peaks and the valleys. Life is so imperfectly perfect, a gift, and it is what you choose to make of it. More importantly, what are you learning from it?
Life is about growing and reinventing yourself. Every year should lead you to a new level of Self-discovery. Whoever said you have to be one thing your whole life? Who do I want to be this year? What do I want to accomplish?
I believe happiness is something you choose. No one person or thing or job can make you be happy. What I hope for most for my friends, family, and for myself, in 2011 is simply happiness. I hope you all find the beauty in your days, laugh at all the inappropriate times, and live in the moment.
***
& for those who may be going through tough times--read Nie's post here, about "Holding On." Whenever I am having a bad day, I read her blog, (she and her husband survived an airplane crash where she suffered burns on 80% of her body) and I'm reminded about how lucky and blessed I am. She has an optimism and a fight in her that is admirable. She gives you hope.
Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. ~Benjamin Franklin
2 comments:
You are so deep.
That kind of looks like you and John gazing at the Northern Lights.
I know. Would it not be the most gnarly pic ever? You'd have to come with your fancy camera though to truly capture the moment in the most artistic light.
Post a Comment