Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

*ArT wAvE*



Here is my Tiger I painted last week...I posted showed him off on Facebook too, because I think he is the best one I've done so far.  Or at least the one I've felt the most proud of.  As it is, those are the ones that you can usually sell!  Mr. Tiger went home with one of my favorite people in the world, my Brittany's Aunt Sharon:




If you'd like a Tiger of your own--shoot me an email:  shaffer7454@gmail.com


Last Friday was Beth Bradley's art show at her home in Homewood.  It's always a fun gathering with plenty of wine sipping!



I went home with one of Beth's funky scarves...






Ewood stopped in and snuggled with me while I drank water and waited for my anitbiotics to kick in!


John is always so supportive!  And you can get him anywhere with free wine ;)


Kristen and Aaron popped in!  Kristen is a great artist herself, but due to her hectic schedule was not able to paint much this fall.  My mom has two of her in her house!  Kristen bought one of mine too...but it's for a Christmas gift, so I won't say which one.




Here is my birch trees!  This one is pretty tall--it comes up to my chest, and it is still available if anyone is interested!





Girls on bikes!





Elizabeth Boldin!  She's so talented...check out her works below and on her BLOG:


Her sheep and lambs would be perfect baby shower gifts for a nursery...


Ann Phillips is one of my favorite women.  She is so smart and talented!  I went home with one of her Santas!  


David is so silly




PRECIOUS couple!  

Fast forward to the early morning, and John and I were on Lake Martin at Whitney's art show.




My spread!  It was such a nice day to be outside--fairly warm compared to this week!






 The arrowhead hunters came over by boat!  Mrs. Jane went home with one of my mini nativity scenes!


Mom was getting in Whitney's jewelry!


 JeSSICA!  








Jeff Long bought my church!




Wes and I traded paintings for prints.  I am working on my gallery wall!


Mrs Cheryl and Mrs Eiland have some adorable children's clothes!  They each bought one of my paintings too!  Mom and Jane were getting in their stash and I told them they were going to have to WAIT a hot minute on that! haha




Whitney was the hostess with the mostess!  Her jewelry, bath salts, and handmade journals were fabulous.  Check out the journals made from old books:



After the lakeside show, John and I were on the road again--to Eufaula, Alabama for Katie Beth's engagement party.  I was not super aggressive with the camera, but we got a great shot in front of the Shorter Mansion.


I felt like it was the perfect occasion to rock my mink stole!  The Shorter Mansion was beautiful--built in the 1880s and full of history-ghosts and dead babies (but I'll Jessica elaborate on that)

We were so happy to celebrate with KB and Brandon.  I love them with my whole heart!  We bar hopped and ended up at the Airport--which might be cousins with Colonel Tom's.  The next morning, after a hearty breakfast at Waffle House with Britt and George, I told John, "You come to Euafuala and you GET why KB's one of our best friends.  Etown IS Alex City!  Right down to that Peebles over there!"

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the shout out! Happy to hear Whitney's art show went so well. You sold so many - congrats!

Kristen said...

What an exciting weekend for you!

annawithlove said...

awesome, love these photos and the paintings!! thanks for the comment on my blog xx
http://www.annawithlove.com