Sooo, here we are, Walking in Memphis....hahaha (no, John didn't notice me taking this shot, for the cheese factor might have caused him to take my camera away)
First stop, post race and all showered: The Peabody Hotel
Lil duckies
The monster tree in the lobby. Note the orange--War Eagle!
Beale Street
We watched the first half of the SEC game in Silky's
Silky himself was there
Funny SEC props--the Reb is no more and when's the last time you saw the "Roll Tide" posters?
A bit later we jammed at BB King's club before a sushi dinner. Thereafter, we ended up in a bar because I looked through the window and got excited at the 25 Santa Clauses in it. My aggressive picture taking was over at that point.
Before we headed home on Sunday, there was only one thing left to do to wrap up the weekend:
GRACELAND BABY
I took a TON of pictures, but I'll just share the highlights.
It is the 2nd most visited private home in American. Second only to The White House.
If you have hung out with my family for more than 5 minutes, good chance you've caught one of Dad's live performances...it's usually Suspicious Minds...We're big fans.
DOWN IN THE JUNGLE ROOM...why, yes, that's green shag carpet and it was also on the ceiling. Fur lined sofa...soo retro cozy, no?
Tapestry lined walls and ceilings...for it's day, the house was elaborate. By modern day standards, don't confuse the king with P Diddy.
Excuse the picture quality--I had to keep my flash off. The movie room. Elvis wanted three TVs after he heard Nixon watched multiple news channels at once.
The trophy house was ridiculous.
My Elvis lip.
The cars were amazing. I had eyes only for the pink Caddy.
The motorcycles were cool too. John pointed out that Elvis had a Honda, and I was like, Dude--it's all about the Harley:
(Excuse my inner biker girl who fantasizes about her own Harley, painted on leather pants, and driving to Daytona for Bike Week)
Elvis's plane, the Lisa Marie
Everything on the plane was covered in plastic, so to prevent wear and tear. The King's bed. We have to assume a lot of magic happened here.
The King's final resting place in the Meditation Garden. At this point, John and I looked at each and agreed "Big Blake would be weeping right now."
"I ain't a nothing but a hound dog..."

















No comments:
Post a Comment