Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Book Guide

I regrouped and decided I could recommend a Book Holiday Gift Guide.  There is a perfect book for every person and for every occasion.  I find that nothing is more endearing that a hand written inscription from the giver.  Books are personal.  I chose several non fiction books this time, because many people do not get into reading fiction, but still love autobiographies and pretty coffee table books.  I, for one, love them all.










For the blogger in your life.  P-Dub's real life love story of how she met Marlboro Man.  Steamy hot!  It does not come til February, but you can pre order!





For the fashionista.  You know I couldn't resist, it's the only trash TV I love.


Me:  Put it on 16.
John:  If the Kardashians are on, we aren't watching it.
Me:  Let's just see though




For your art aficionado friend.  I love love love Andy Warhol with my soul.  He was such an interesting person and I love the wild, bright colors.  I am going to treat myself to one of those Chanel prints someday!  I also love the Campbell Soup print--let me get more wall space in the next kitchen and I'm getting one! 




For anyone who likes RANDOM stuff.  This was sitting out on my art teacher, Beth's counter this week.  It is similar to PostSecret, and it is full of random people's shopping lists.  What you do in the grocery store strongly reflects what's going on in your day and life at that very moment.  For example, if I have a Tostinos pizza in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other, John is probably out of town.


For the designer in your life.  Of course, there are a million gorgeous design books out there, but I do like Adler, and blogland really dwells on him.  I like him because he spews color and thinks that everything matches.  




For Dirty Santa or FESTIVE Theme Friend.  I bought this one on sale at Books A Million, and John and I reading it aloud.  Very fun book!




For the music lovers in your life.  What's cooler than the Stones?



For the literary lovers.  If Mark Twain is not AMERICA, I don't know who is.  He dictated his autobiography a hundred years ago.  They are just now releasing it because he specificed it could not be published until 100 years after his death, which is this year, so he could write completely uncensored.  Two more volumes will be released.  How awesome is that?  A comment I particularly liked:


"You gotta love him," agrees comedian Lewis Black. Asking the public to wait 100 years was "one of the most brilliant marketing schemes outside of Facebook."

Check out this article on the book at NYTimes. 

No comments: