Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 1 on Mona duty...

was surprisingly uneventful. (knock on wood)

Vintage baby Mona...on the poof

John says this is our bonding period, as I move in in about 6 months time.  Once I was told I treat Mona like she is my stepchild.  Mona and I do just fine, but let's just say some shoes,  magazines, and books of mine have been taken down and I've had to come back from it a time or two, but that is neither here nor there.  I was once on Mona duty, and she took a running start and jumped on top of me in my bed, where I was in a dead sleep...it was scary.


To prove how well we are doing, she is the only person I hung out with last night (well, I guess I hung out with Alana for about 45 minutes on the phone).  We read my Vanity Fair magazine, went to Publix, jammed out to the radio, and girl talked.  Just casual conversation, such as--"Don't you think Kim K's top is cute?  How should I cook this shrimp?  More wine, Mone Bone?  Come on Mona, let's get ready for bed"  

We don't baby talk though, we are way too cool for that.  We are going shopping for hot pink collars this week and watching whatever we want on TV because John is gone.  We miss him,  however, and talk to him on speaker phone frequently.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Wood said...

hahaha lacey i love you! you so funny! give mona some love for me!

Lacey said...

Mona wants you to come paint her toe nails!

Elizabeth Wood said...

opi color? what does pretty mona like? we can get her a new spring color!!!!!! the dogs at the dog park will really love her then!!