I observed Martin Luther King Day on Friday, as I worked on his real birthday. I traveled home late Thursday night, full of the anticipation that a potential "snow day" brings to southern young bucks. I awoke Friday morning to see that it had not yet begun to snow, and texted Jessica, knowing that when one works for the state, one will certainly not have to work long on a snowy and hazardous Friday. "Off at 10" was the glorious reply. We met at Cecils for salad and Bloody Marys, and the snow was falling in a wild fashion. Nothing like drinking midday just because you can. We pretended we were at a pub out west, hunkering down out of the storm, and talked about weddings. Above is the field beside Cecil's.
Jessica loves Snow Day
As do I.
Here we are, very excited to be on one of our many dates.
At this point, we are driving around Alex City hanging out of the window getting scenic shots.
While a bit fuzzy (we were taking a turn), here is Alex City's Post Office.
Downtown Main Street
This is where we hung out after school in Middle School. You were not cool unless you walked to Carlisle's and got a limeaid. Also, this is where you will eat the best chicken salad known to man.
Our stopping place. Macdavid's, owned by Rick McManis, is one of the cutest places to shop in town. I wanted to see what all Jessica had registered for. Rick is the best, he even had wine to share :) I saw plenty of things I was loving, but I going to wait til I have John with me before I register for anything.
The scene as we venture to Rite Aid to buy multiple bottles of wine, just for survival reasons should we get snowed in.
This is the Bob White Motel
I have a lot of good memories at this place. If you are from Alex City and had a birthday party here, please comment.
This sign emodies the spirit of snow in the south. 2-3 inches means severe weather and everything must close. We aren't complaining.
I hope you enjoyed the tour of Alex City, it was mine and Jessica's pleasure to bring you along.
xoxo,
Lacey
3 comments:
Love it! And yes, I had a bday party at McDonalds, where I believe I have video of Jessica and Deidra opening all my presents......
Haha hilarious!! That doesn't surprise me with those two!
UM Alison--tattle telling--not cool!! Just because you have a cute baby that I finally got to see, does NOT mean you can go off exposing not-so-proud moments from my past!!
Post a Comment