Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

I Think I May Be Crazy

John and I went to the grocery store last night to buy a few things for the week, as well as pick up something to cook for dinner.  I'm in hardcore loseweight/gottafindweddingdress mode, so I suggested we do romaine lettuce wraps filled with chicken and veggies.  A fajita without the tortilla basically. (Inspired by PW, naturally, and they were fantastic. Eating things like that does not make you feel like you are dieting).  For anyone else trying to drop a few L.Bs, I am liking whole wheat bagels with strawberry cream cheese (get those carbs in the morning), key lime pie yogurt is pretty good, and I also stole my future MIL (Mrs Jane)'s tip to eat green applies with crunchy peanut butter (It is actually filling).  I have never been the person who diets well, so I like to let people in on anything that I find to be working!  Also, weights weights weights and squats in the gym.  Cardio alone will not cut it.


Anways, we were hanging out in the kitchen and I was cutting up all the onions and bell pepper.  I pulled out lettuce leaves for the wraps, and chopped up the remainder to be salad for the week.  I was alternating between sipping on red wine and running back and forth to the TV to scream for Taylor Swift ( I love her) & Zac Brown Band on the Grammys.  I come back to the kitchen, my job done, and I'm surveying John handling cooking the chicken and veggies on the stove (in the Wok. Everyone needs a wok and then you  have to call it A-WOKA-WOKA-WOKA).  He opens up the drawer to get out a plastic baggie, and low and behold, there was the half of bell pepper I didn't use, safely stored in a baggie and placed in it's proper spot in the drawer reserved for alumunium foil etc;  John got a big kick out of that.  I just sat on the counter, sipping my wine, and I was like...Man, I am so crazy, put that in the fridge!  Does anyone else put stuff in weird spots?  Bess has found my sunglasses in the fridge before.  I think I blackout in the kitchen sometimes...that may not be good news for John, but I'm trying!  I think this "wife" gig is going to be more challenging that I initially thought...



In other annoucements, I stand corrected.  I did not want to go see Avatar because I don't like sci-fi or alien movies.  However, after mine and Brittany's domination in Trivial Pursuit 90s edition, I felt like I would not be maintaining my superior knowledge of pop culture if John and I didn't go see it in 3D.  It was fantastic.  I wish I was an Avatar, and I loved that they fly around on those bird/dragon things, so awesome.
 

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I found one of my business cards and a brochure in our fridge a few weeks ago....

Jennifer said...

I fought seeing Avatar BIG TIME. but you're right, it was awesome!