Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Big Picture



My dear, married friend Jessica reminded me this morning that with 10 days to go, I must not get bogged down in the details, or check weather.com, but relish in the moment, and freak my freak, so to say, that I'm marrying "my boo."  Well said, my friend! (That's me on her button, crossing my eyes.  Brittany had accumulated lots of weird pics of me over the years and made buttons for the bach. party.  Good stuff)  No matter what goes right or what goes wrong, we will be just as married.


 I met my match, so to say, in John Howell.  For all the mischief I can get into and the mayhem I can cause, he's right there with me usually saying that's a damn good idea (and vice versa).  Sometimes that's scary and leads us down a weird path.  He doesn't hold it against me when I mess up, or put my foot in my mouth (which is often), and he is always right there with a shoulder to lean on and a cheesy joke to make me laugh.  He lets me be me, and that's the difference between John and any other guy.  When he mooned the front row of boats at Aquapalooza, I just thought:  "Yep, that's why we are getting married."  

I was trying to think of a good Lacey and John story... that I'm not too ashamed to tell.  And probably one of John's favorites is the time we were at an Alabama football game in our early days (enough said, you can imagine how the day was progressing) walking around with some other people, and he dared me to eat a booger.  Never been one to turn down a dare, or do anything for free, I asked him how much cash he had on him.  I think it was $9.  Sooo I ate a booger (mine, don't worry) and pocketed the cash.  I probably bought a stadium dog with it.  He kinda threw up a little but I told him:  DON'T EVER DARE ME, JOHN.  Rule #1 in Life with Lacey.


I had to test him, make sure he could handle the gritty side of life. 


Maybe I'll share a good Lacey and John story every day til August 7 that led us to where we are today.

T Minus 10 days.  It's Gettin' Real, Real Fast.  Program Assembly Party tonight-should get rowdy ;)
 

4 comments:

KatiePerk said...

I might have wet my pants just a little reading this! Hilarious. But so sweet! (not the booger part). I am so excited for you!

Lacey said...

Thanks Katie!!

Elizabeth said...

I'm totally reassured that it was your booger rather than someone else's because clearly that is not gross...eating your own booger.

Brittany Bain Stegall said...

transparency = what i like about you. what a crazy booger story.