Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 4th




John and I had one of those really really awesome weekends that mostly consisted of doing nothing and watching lots of movies.  T minus one month to the rehearsal dinner today, and it isn't getting here fast enough!  Needless to say, life had caught up with us and we were taking active measures to do nothing and rejuvenate our wearied souls.  John had a bug last week, so he was not feeling up to par at the start of the weekend.



Friday night= ECLIPSE 


It was the only thing I wanted out of the weekend.  That and my popcorn sprinkled with the white cheddar sauce at the Rave.  We have to get a cup and add the white cheddar to it as we eat it down, and it kinda grosses John out a little, but he humors me.  I definitely developed a crush on the bad vamp, Riley, in the movie.  But every time Taylor Lautner had his shirt off, all the teeny boppers swooned.  It was annoying.

We started watching Entourage Season 6 Saturday night after consuming Dreamland ribs.  It has been our life since then.  True Blood 2 is next.


We branched out and went to Lake Gunntersville on Sunday.  We bought Cajun boiled peanuts, a roadside watermelon, and we just cruised and jammed on a rural, country highway.  It was very American.  I probably said "JOHN-look at the horses!" about 20 times and then waxed poetic aobut our future farm and detailed that we'd probably also need goats and a pot belly pig.  

As a side note, when we bought our watermelon, the little man told us to watch out, it "gets thick" up ahead.  John and I rolled out and I asked him what exactly does "it gets thick" mean?  John didn't know either and we have both heard most every southern slang concoction that exists.  We decided it must mean watch out for cops...so we did.  If you know for sure, please comment, because it worried me we had been warned about a hazard we didn't fully understand!  

Anyways, I will say this, I've never been to any other lake in Alabama except Lake Martin and Logan Martin (Camp Cosby), but Lake G was really nice.  I liked how the town was located on the lake.  Very convenient, and it was easy to hit Waffle House on our way out on Sunday.  (I realize I am dwelling on food--but it was a highlight of the weekend!)


We were back in town early on Sunday and I went to the pool and read (a happy place for me).  My only other obligation was to pick up the next Entourage CD, Grey Gardens (great movie by the way), and our dinner of chicken kabobs and salad. 


In conclusion, more eats and TV.  Best weekend EVER.

No comments: