Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Couches & Bird Cage Veils May Be Mandatory

from bridalweddingdresses.net

My bridal portraits are this weekend at 5:30am on Sunday  morning.  The things you do to not melt in Alabama in August!  Thank God for caffeine and let's hope this zit on my forehead goes away :/   I love all the dramatic and glamorous bridal shots you see on the blogs, and I've been scoping some out these week for inspiration.  We are taking them down at the Howells on the lake and have lots of great spots for shooting and room for themes and props.

I'm always a little fussy about having my picture taken...I get awkward and don't know anything but the biggest cheese I got--where my eyes squinch up.  We've discussed my inability to do the "sexy" face or the "pensive" face...however, I'm going to do my best.  The best pictures of me are the ones where I'm not trying and I'm in a tee shirt somewhere.  Maybe having on my wedding dress will allow me to exert my full Gisele potential.  Or maybe I'll have a more a sultry Kim K look after hitting up M.A.C. this weekend.  My hair has gotten long and I've probably blow dried it 10 times all summer because I get so hot doing it (I'm the biggest bia when I'm hot--worries for Aug 7), and Neutrogena tinted moisturizer and Wal Mart bronzer have been the extent of my make up on normal days.  Well, at 5:30am guess who's doing her own hair (ahh!! so scary)

I went to David's Bridal yesterday and bought myself a bird cage veil for $24.  I want to wear it in a few pictures as a prop--if I can get it to look right.  It may or may not fit my look/dress, but we shall see.  I just love the vintage look--even though my look is not really vintage (I don't make sense anymore).  If you ever want to borrow my birdcage veil-hit me up, because I was thinking of who might have one yesterday with no such luck.

I love the look of the bride on the couch outside.  If you live in Alex City and have a cute vintage couch let me know.  I want to dramatically drape myself across it outdoors:

 Ok, I  John  may go to Long Leaf and buy one:

http://www.tirzahphotography.com/

I like this one too

http://www.tirzahphotography.com/

Another couch scene from A Bryan Photo (his site is so awesome, check his films out)


Katie Beth has also given me some ideas...such as suggesting sunbathing in my wedding dress with big Jackie O shades and lounging on a chaise...getting out in the water with my dress hiked up... And of course some great sail boat shots. 

What are the odds of me falling in the lake this weekend??  Prayers.

No comments: