Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Destin


John and I spent a wonderfully relaxing weekend in Destin with his parents and Hadley and Kris this past weekend.  We drove down Friday night after I got in from a work trip, and we had Monday off.  I LOVE long weekends.



As I was technically on Pacific time, I had no qulams about going to Rum Runners Friday night.  I had the piano guy look up "Mary Mo" on his Ipad and more or less helped him sing it.  


Hadley loving one Kris!  (Mark--here is a side view of the beard ;)


I think the flash got John a little a bit--but it is cute pic nonetheless.

We all had a good laugh about the note that got left on Jane and Scotty's car due to the fact that Scotty had parked over the line into an owner's parking space.  "Hi Neighbor!"  Complete with their room number. 


Patti and Lucy Randy came to the beach


Mona took a little abuse while we watched football Saturday afternoon.  War Eagle! 


We all dined at The Back Porch for lunch on Saturday, prior to hunkering down for football.  We laughed about how Grandmother Howell would have said it was "where the tourists go," as she considered herself a local.  We all agreed it is one of our favorite places to eat in Destin--best location ever!  Since we are all tourists. 



World War II planes were doing tricks right off our balcony Saturday afternoon!  It was awesome.   



We could not have asked for better weather.  It was gorgeous; such a nice time of year to go to the beach.  Mrs. Jane cooked for all of us--as well as friends of Hadley and Kris--Brooke and Riley-- on Saturday night, and it was better than any restaurant would have been!  We had shrimp, oysters, and twice baked potatoes.  If I was a good blogger, I'd have a picture of the spread!

On Sunday, the rest of the Howells headed home and John and I had the place to ourselves.  We took a long, leisurely walk around Holiday Isle, laid out by the pool, and hit up the hot tub.  AND because I was soo sweet all weekend, John accompanied me to the outlet mall to let me pick out a "prize" -- black pants and some new running shorts.  We ended our evening with a hot date to Harbor Docks--(which Grandmother Howell would have totally endorsed :)

 I was not overly aggressive with my camera all weekend, but you can bet I took a picture of the Donut Hole on Monday morning.  I've tried to eat here for the past 10 ten trips to the beach, but every time it is during the summer and there is a 2 hour wait and I'm always too hungry to wait.  



You know they had a seafood omelet!

Thanks Mrs. Jane & Mr. Scotty for hosting such a fun weekend!

**NEWSFLASH--Mrs. Jane started her own BLOG--go follow her!

2 comments:

jane said...

Lacey Lou, it was a great weekend. So glad we had our entire unit at the beach! So fun. Good memories!

Brittany Bain Stegall said...

tourist in destin cracks me up.

fyi, my favorite word is "touron" = tourist + moron (any person that is a hindrance on the locals). i hope that y'all were not tourons.