The JJS CLUB
(also known as Lupton)
Freshman year at Auburn, all of the above girls ended up in the same dorm on the Quad, Lupton, and have been friends ever since.
We lived for posting crazy pictures and notes on our doors.
Example: Marye Beasley and Lauren once had a picture of two suspiciously familiar bare bottoms on their door.
2003-2004 was not only the final season of Friends (Ashley Grace sobbed like someone died when we all watched the final episode), it was also the height of the popularity of MTV's The Newlyweds:
We were obsessed with Nick and Jess's shannanigans and would watch it together. We called ourselves the JJS Club--Just Jessica Simpson--and we posted notes reminding each other it was coming on: JJS CLUB MEETING TONIGHT!
Marye Beasley had this poster in her apartment:
We adored her--wanted Louis Vuittons just like hers--and our theme song was "Nothing But a Tshirt On." I know, so clever, right?
She made you want to get married, basically, even when your whole world was the front row at band parties.
Anyhoo--JJS came up last night while hanging out with Marye B, Britt, Ashley, and Ewood. It took a minute for us to recall what JJS stood for. We held an imprompt semi-reunion meeting and the following topics were discussed:
Nick's recent engagment to Vanessa:
Jessica's speedy engagement to *Can't remember his Name (I kid: Eric Johnson) just one week later. JSimp, it looked a little planned?!
And the fact we don't like her new ring that much...
Especially compared to the one NICK gaver her
AND then...we had to get on JSimp a little about not looking as hot as she used to. With all that money, she can afford a trainer AND a chef. This is coming from someone who is a fan of JSimp and Kim K because they are short and curvy too and not stick figures. I gravitate to people who make me feel better ;) I'm just saying--celebs are not real people.
JSimp being "hotness" in the Daisy Duke days
Infamous "Mom" jeans= unhotness
I hope you have enjoyed this small digression from a warm and fuzzy college memory that provoked a discussion on pop culture. JSimp we will always love you no matter what. I'm even rocking your clog today:
JJS 4 Life








10 comments:
JJS for life. I don't think i can still hit that looooonng note though.
Is it weird that I got a little teary eyed during that post?
I GOT TEARS TOO!! Gosh, I think we even made a newsletter? Poor JS has put on a few.
I, too, sobbed like someone died during the Friends finale. I was watching it alone in Berta Dunn Hall - lights out in mourning.
I ALSO lived in Lupton Hall my freshman year. So much fun! Any of you in 218?
I couldn't get enough of Jess!
Jon recently convinced me to sell my Newlyweds DVDS at a yard sale. Surprisingly, this funny mexican man bought all of them. I'm not sure he knew what a fab deal he was getting... But, I am totally regretting it right now!
*tears
aww...I'm glad yall liked it! Ann Yates SHAME on you! I bet mexi guy loves it. Lindsay, I think I was 211/212?
this was sooo sweet! made my week! love yall!!!!!
The Lupton Girls! You all are such beautiful girls with beautiful personalities. I love seeing you all together and having happy times. These kind of friendships last a lifetime. Don't ever let anyone take that away.
Love to you all,
Linda
My friend in high school used to be obsessed with JSimpson. Now, she has all the same complaints as you guys & is still just as obsessed. (:
I think I might post that bikini shot on my fridge come Febuary (i dont diet until Febuary), a little inspiration from the one and only jessica simpson.
Post a Comment