Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fa La La La


What's a blog post without a thought provoking picture?  This is just a random rambling today, stay with me!


I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas is still my favorite Christmas song.  


I took a ton of pictures over the weekend, have yet to upload them, so I am going to put off posting on the art shows and KB's engagement party til tomorrow.  I've been dealing with a God awful sinus/cold that resulted in a doctor's visit + two shots in the buttocks.  "Don't clench up" would be the lesson learned from that and that McDonald's fries still make everything better.





In other news, I had an amazing hour long deep tissue massage last night.  It was unreal how many knots I had in my shoulders and back from running so much all fall.  Massages really are the ultimate indulgence (I had a gift certificate, so it was not a complete splurge on myself 2 weeks before Christmas!)

Real Simple magazine says that cold weather often stimulates happiness more than warm weather.  I don't know if you'll ever convince me snow is better than the beach but maybe...if you have one of these:

 
 Eternity scarf from Urban Outfitters...so cozy!

Real Simple also had lots of tips for being more "happy."  One was to make your bed everyday, so this morning I cheerfully called to John to assist with our little daily dose of happiness!  Another one was to paint your toenails...it takes two seconds, but for me it is SUCH a chore. 


At the Bungalow we've been hunkering down with a lot of this:




I am also contemplating going to the Alabama Theater to see this one night this week. 




Has anyone ever been to see one of the Christmas movies they play there this time of year?  I really wanted to do this last year, and we never did.  Brittany turned me on to this movie back in college and I have to say, I truly love it.  


In conclusion, there is absolutely nothing good on TV these days.  Thank God for Netflix.  Upcoming on the queue:

Valkyrie
Elizabeth
Elizabeth:  The Golden Age
The Queen


I'm on a Brit kick--maybe because of William and Kate's engagement!


I also can't wait to see the remake of True Grit over Christmas.













2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

We're going to the Alabama Theatre either Thursday or Friday for Christmas vacation! Have fun if you go tonight!

Kristen said...

We went to see Christmas Vacation last year and I think we might be going Thursday too! Maybe we can all go together!