Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Vulcan 10K


Saturday I popped up bright and early to run in my 2nd Vulcan 10K here in Birmingham.  It was quite chilly until I got moving.  One of the biggest mistakes people make in a run is overdressing.  I felt bad for those who had on fleeces and such.  I wore spandex capris and a spandex long sleeve layered with last year's tee.




It was a solid run--nothing is more invigorating than racing.  I kept repeating Lady Gaga's song You and I on my playlist.  LOVE that song-it gets me so pumped up.  Along with Florence and the Machine's Dog Days, which is the ultimate running song.  This is the only shot I managed of my self.  I was a sweaty no make up mess--you don't need that on the blog.

The logo on this year's shirt.  Shout out to Grace Stegall for getting my packet this week while I was traveling.

I came in 35th out of 109 in my female age group (25-29)--total time was 56:46 and I ran a 9:09 pace.



John tailgated in Tuscaloosa while Hadley and I shopped around Homewood.  Total girl day, complete with wine at lunch and late afternoon beers at J Clyde.

Don't forget to turn back your clocks! 

Comment if you are racing right now too :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth Wood said...

I'm so proud of you Lacey!!! Awesome!!