Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Brittany Bain Stegall



I have not given Britt a good shout out about FINALLY coming home to Alabama! I realize that she was gone only ten months, but it felt more like ten years. She and George are getting settled in their new apartment in Canterbury Gardens and it is coming right along. It's going to take her a bit to get it how she wants, since she started her new job at Alabama Power right after she moved home. Brittany is very excited about returning to AL Power and it is great to see a friend being passionate about her 8 to 5!

John and I went over to greet them as soon as we could and took them a house plant as a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" present. Mona and Clancy played well together, the guys threw the football, Brittany cooked, and I watched and drank wine. I was, however, available should she have needed my assistance and I proceeded to catch her up on gossip she hadn't heard. It was so fun just being all together and not feeling rushed because they had to jet back to NYC. George and I rode his Vespa to the store to buy more wine, and I decided that it was high time I learned how to drive the Vespa. I tried to drive it around the parking lot of the Western in Mt. Brook Village and let's just say that the turns are a bit tricky, you have to lean a little, and George quickly had me back in my spot on the back.

George cooked for us AGAIN Monday night, steaks this time, and I'm beginning to feel a bit spoiled by the Stegall family. George was a delightful chef, after he and John put together a grill he had never opened from his high school graduation, and even made sure that me and Britt had some carrots for appetizers so we won't get fat. George likes to watch out for our health, and told us we needed to form a workout regime too...we told him to BACK off, we don't like to fix what isn't broken. I owe them meatloaf at the point.

In conclusion, after living with Brittany for four years, I think I had a very hard time adjusting to her absence. It is hard to go from seeing someone everyday to seeing them once every five months. I probably harassed her into coming home on a subconscious level (this is when I was aggressively encouraging her to get preg). All in all, she is more like a sister than friend, and I am SO happy she's home!!! (& George & Clancy)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Welcome home Brittany & George. Can't wait to see you over the holidays!

Love,
Miss Linda