Hail to the Chief we have chosen for the nation,
Hail to the Chief! We salute him, one and all.
Hail to the Chief, as we pledge cooperation
In proud fulfillment of a great, noble call.
Yours is the aim to make this grand country grander,
This you will do, that's our strong, firm belief.
Hail to the one we selected as commander,
Hail to the President! Hail to the Chief!
I would like to congratulate President Elect Barack Obama on winning the election, and commend Senator John McCain for a race well ran. What a fascinating and historical race this has been, groundbreaking and inspiring from the beginning. I have tried to follow it along as best as I could this past year and I feel like I have learned so much. It prompted me to examine both sides of the argument and explore the Republican and Democratic stances on issues. As my friends well know, I spent much time on the fence of who to vote for, and ultimately had to jump off to one side. I was so excited going to vote yesterday, it is probably the most awesome right we as Americans have and so often take for granted. I am incredibly proud to be an American because American politics have broken new ground this year for both minorities and for women. Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin are such strong role models for today's young women, and I should hope their influence will be neither overlooked nor forgotten. Regardless of who you voted for, let us keep these lyrics in mind, unite under a common cause, and support our new President whole heartedly, for the majority has spoken and there is a new leader of the free world. And so begins a new chapter...
No comments:
Post a Comment