Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"Providential"

I found a blog called The One Minute Writer, and it gives you a topic to write about. I guess it's an oasis of writing ideas. The point of it is for English teachers to reference it for writing lessons for their classes or for bloggers with writer's block. I don't necessarily feel as though I have writer's block, but it is always nice to get fresh ideas and topics. It's fun to look at what other people are doing on their blogs. I like it when people pose a question to their audience, in which people respond to under comments. I'm not sure that I have quite enough of a following for that, so I'll hold off.

The One Minute Writer challenged bloggers/writers to coin a word that adequately describes their life. I wanted to branch out and learn a new word, so I googled "synonym for lucky," and this is the best new word I could find:

providential adj. - peculiarly fortunate or appropriate; as if by divine intervention;

I think that if you had to describe my life in one word, the word PROVIDENTIAL does a pretty darn good job. I have been blessed a million times over in my life and consider myself to be extremely fortunate. I am completely undeserving of my providential lifestyle for sure, and it is certainly only by divine intervention that I have arrived, alive and well, at such a positive position in life. I have my health, friends, family, and laugh as hard as I can daily.

No comments: