Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

What if I REALLY hit it BIG?

I'm going to Las Vegas next week for my last conference of the year. It will be my second trip out there and I could certainly think of worse places to be sent to work! Although, it is slightly a punishment to be sent there to WORK, of all things. I feel this way about work events at the beach as well.

I am not a big gambler. The first time I was in Vegas I lost about $50 in 30 sec in a game of Black Jack. I do, however, love the slot machines. It is like eating MM's, you think it's not a big deal because they are small. Such is my mindset regarding loose change. My Gran has a long lucky streak at the slot machines and an unbought lottery ticket we won't even bring up. I keep hoping that since I didn't get her legs, maybe I at LEAST got some of that lucky gene. As I did before my last trip, my thoughts keep wandering to "What if I actually won a lot of money?" I mean, it's a possibility, right? I have as much a chance as anyone else in the country is going to be out there next week. They say you have to play big to win big...but is that always the case? What if I put in $1, and that one pull yielded me a few million? Sure, it is a total fantasy, but it is impossible not to think about it in the days leading up to a trip to Vegas. My dad always tells me "Lacey-Vegas wasn't built on winners." Wise man, that Blake.

However, let's just humor me and pretend that I win $5 million (I realize that $1 million bucks doesn't stretch quite as far as one might think). Taxes will eat, what, maybe half of it? First things first. Naturally, I'd pay off that retarded law school debt. Secondly, I think I'd treat the fam to a nice, big vacation to either Europe or somewhere tropical and exotic, and do the entire thing first class all the way.

I'd buy a new car with all the bells and whistles. I do not even know what I'd get, a convertible something I imagine. Finally, I'd let John get his vintage Camero. After that, to the bank with the rest (what's left of it!), and I'd get with Bess to see if it would be substantial enough for me to quit my job and live off the interest.

Keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, Lacey Loo, pull the slots for mom. I do love them too! Have fun!

Love ya,
Mom

Jessica said...

This is so crazy... It just happens that I am going to be in Vegas next week too. Give me a call... Maybe we could do dinner. I am hoping to hit it BIG as well.

love,
jessica

AC said...

Oh Lacey I love reading your blog! Mostly because I read it and in my head I can hear you saying all these things out loud :) And if you do happen to hit it big in Vegas, maybe throw a dollar for the coke machine my way...they are 60 cents in the break room you know ;)