Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving Thanks!

Just to update you from my last posting...I DID NOT win it big in Vegas, sadly. I had a very good time, however, and did win around $200 on the penny slots! This was exciting enough for me and I'm sure the people sitting around me thought I was winning thousands of dollars due to my occasional squeals.

In the Hard Rock Hotel there is a restaurant called Mr. Lucky's. Bess turned me on to this. If you go in Mr. Lucky's and ask for THE SPECIAL, you get a big steak topped with shrimp, mashed potatoes, and a salad for $7.77!! The neatest thing about it is that THE SPECIAL is not on the menu, and you have to KNOW to ask for it. It was pretty cool and the best and cheapest meal I had out there.

*NOTE: If you go to Vegas and do not wish to spend $8 on a single cocktail, or $6 on a beer, simply sit down at a penny slot machine, slip in a dollar, bet REALLY slow, order a drink, and last but not least, tip a dollar. You now have a $2 vodka tonic. This, my friends, is called BEATING THE SYSTEM :)

Now to transition to our current week. Thanksgiving is on Thursday and I am only having to work 3 days this week, for which I am VERY THANKFUL! I got a head start yesterday at General's Cafe in New Site, AL, where I ordered Chicken and Dressing, mashed potatoes, and green beans. It was delicious and I am in no way worried about getting burned out on dressing.

Things I am THANKFUL for this THANKSGIVING:

1. I have a job!! (times are hard, right?!)
2. My Family/Friends/John/Iris
3. My health
4. Ma is doing better
5. The FOOD that will be down at Granny's
6. Wednesday night at Cecil's (woo hoo!!)
7. I WILL NOT be shopping on Friday :)

No comments: