Random pic from the internet
Poor blog got neglected this past week! And I still have not uploaded my kickball pictures or recapped the last 2 showers :/ . Here are a few goings on.
First, creep over to Brittany and George's to get the rundown on kickball. We played last night and WON! Megan Cobb should get MVP, she SLID and then later got pelted in the ankle with the ball and did this intense shoulder dive (she was OK thank goodness!). It was exciting and we played Megan Jensen's team, who I had not seen in SO long that it is ridiculous.
Secondly, when my Mom was in college, she said that Malia Honolulu sundresses were all the rage and they always bought them for Rush. They came in bright colors and fun patterns, and could be compared to Lilly Pulitzer. Well, I got on Ebay and found a few, under vintage clothing. Placed a few bids, and won two! They have not come in yet--but here they are:
This one has potted plants on it! ($10)
This one has turtles on it and at the bottom it says "Turtles Never Hurry." ($25) How cute?! I think it would look really cute with a belt too. Perfect honeymoon wear!
I also bought 3 new sunhats for the honeymoon (and rest of summer wear). I wanted a glamorous big straw hat, but wanted one that would pack well and still keep its shape. I got this one, but in turquoise (the flower is removable).The other one is similar to this...but I couldn't find the exact one. It's like a more feminine bucket hat that sits up higher, and mine is all white:
And the last purchase was another floppy, wide brim, brown canvas hat. It is flexible, so you can style it how you want, AND it is reversible--leopard print! And I couldn't find it on line either. Anyhoo--they are on sale at Macy's--DO IT.


3 comments:
Oh, I love wide brim hats. I already have three. Can't wait to see!
Lacey, where are you going on your HONEYMOON!??! I have been meaning to ask you!
Turks and Caicos! Actually staying at the same place Helen and John did!
Post a Comment