Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Showers=Cool Cooking Stuff

John and I have had our engagement party and the Art Shower, and the June showers kick off tonight!  It's one of the "girls only boys not allowed" showers, so I'm venturing on to Alex City on my own after work for the recipe shower hosted by my Mom's sorority sisters.  Our Monogram/Mimosa shower is Saturday morning so I elected to take Friday off to get a pedicure cut down on driving back and forth all weekend.

This is a cute shower that all the women do for one another's daughters who get married.  You get a recipe and the cookware/serving dish that the recipe calls for.  Anytime in the past we've had a small party/get together I've lamented over my lack of cute serving dishes!  Sure, I could have gone out and bought some like I'm sure many people do, but I'd rather buy shoes and serve you on paper plates.  I told my friend Kate this morning that it is pointless for me to have a subscription to Martha Stewart Living because I don't even know what half the ingredients in her recipes are.  She suggested a few more realistic subscriptions for me to consider!  I know, maybe if I ever have free time I'll get fancy--PW is more my speed.

In reality, John should probably the representative hitting this shower up because he is currently the cook of our little "family to be."  I'm marrying for his mad breakfast making skills and the way his butt looks in Carhartts.

Anyways, I thought I'd share with you some cooking utensils and cookware I think are pretty cool in honor of the recipe shower.  They may or may not be on my registry:




Kitchen Aid Mixers:  PW brought them to mine and Jessica's attention.  They are colorful, bright, and look really cool sitting on your counter.  I have sworn to John if I get one, I'll bake him something once a week--pinky swears


John swears by his toaster oven, so when I showed him theh Hamilton Beach Toastation toaster oven/real toaster combo--he totally flipped his shizz.  This may be the one thing John has gotten super excited about.  


The Kitchen Aid Tea Kettle.  Once again, this comes in pretty colors and looks pretty sitting on your stove top.  You obviously make tea and bake scones and invite a friend over for a tea party...right?  I guess that's what you do?


Good Cook Bamboo Spatulas.  Once again, pretty colors...you stir stuff with this, and put the icing on cakes that you  make in your Kitchen Aid mixer.  Or you spank people with them.




Waffle Makers...these are practical and I like waffles more than pankcakes.  I think because they are crunchier.


Food Processors...Jessica says she uses her's all the time.  I'm not sure what I would use one for--Jessica says her homemade salsa has made Ryan really happy he married her.  Hm...
Pyrex is a kitchen staple fo sho




Canisters...you store stuff in those.




Le Cresuset cookware...fabulous, expensive, and PW gives it away on her blog.  I will say I've seen pieces of it at TJ Maxx before for about 50% off regular price.  Yet another thing that comes in really cool colors!


You could really go on and on and on with this stuff, so I'm going to stop now.  I could devote an entire post to cool coffee makers ALONE.


holler!

5 comments:

Hillary said...

waffle maker is a MUST! Pierce would definitely come over if you're making her waffles. Especially if they include choc chips.

Lacey said...

Well, then, when I get a waffle maker Pierce is invited over for it's maiden use!

KatiePerk said...

Lovely kitchen treats!! I like all the bright colors!! Have a fun party weekend!!

Natalie said...

my pistachio kitchenaid mixer was one of my favorite wedding gifts 5+ years ago and stephen thought it was a complete waste of money/space...and its true i didnt use it for several years but NOW i feel like i use it once a week at least! its THE BEST. and yes, its nice counter-eye-candy :)

Jennifer said...

I'm trying to think of what my "must-haves" would be ... good knives, definitely. And you really can't have too many spatulas, slotted spoons, tongs, etc. I still haven't found the perfect ice cream scoop, haha. I do love my Cuisinart mini food processor -- great for chopping up smaller quantities without getting out the big 'un.

You should check out Martha's Everyday Food brand. Much more approachable than the stuff in Living (definitely fewer and less- weird ingredients). I have the cookbook and some of the recipes are our absolute favs, and I occasionally pick up the mag on the newsstand (one of the little ones).

Have fun at your showers!