Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Church in the Pines



That's the view.  The aisle sure looks long, doesn't it???  


We chose not to lay down a runner on the aisle...more so because I'm a klutz than anything.  Although I'm wearing flat sandals, and will have a death like grip on Dad's arm, we are not taking any chances!


I've tried hard to make the ceremony very us.  We didn't write our own vows or anything like that, but I feel like we are making it unique in our own way.  I've loved Church in the Pines ever since the first service I attended there.  It has such a laid back vibe.  You go in shorts and bathing suits, and I've gone with wet hair before.  It's so open, natural, and organic.  The water laps the shore and when Amazing Grace echos through there...there is nothing like it.  I've never been anywhere else, other than this huge cathedral in France once, where I can say I truly felt God.  I think certain places have the capacity to do that to you, it is personal, and not every church will do it to you.  If that makes any sense at all...if you've ever associated a physical place with God. 






It has not hit me yet.  Even though the invitations went out.  Even though I have been proofreading the program this week, which is mostly finalized.  Maybe it's because my dress has not come in (hurry up dress, before I freak on you, by the way)?  Maybe I am not meant to have a melt down over something really minor and let my emotional-train-wreck-like tendencies run rampant.  I am getting excited, but it still feels like it is months away.

My Dad has always said, and it really resonated with me, that he had a conversation with someone around the time he and Mom were getting married.  They said, WOW, this is it--the most important decision of your life, choosing a partner--you must be freakin' out.  And Dad calmly said "It may be the most important decision I ever made, but it was also the easiest."  

Marrying John will be the easiest thing I ever do, and I feel weirdly calm about it.

But that must not be weird.


That must be a good thing.


The alternative would be cold feet!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Lacey that outdoor church is beautiful! i cant wait to see pictures from your big day!

and i wasnt nervous at all before my big day either... i think its a good thing :)

Lacey said...

Thanks, Erin!!!