Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lacey & John Story #2: Our First Fight

You know how it goes...you fall in love and those first few blissful months you have hearts in your eyes and rainbows soar overhead and bluebirds sing on your shoulder...then you have your first fight and have to decide whether or not you really like each other.


In the early days, Fall 2007, I was doing my brief stint in law school finding myself in Montgomery and John was finishing his last year at Alabama.  I had traveled up to Tuscaloosa for a weekend on the town late night rage fest at Gallettes, and on our way home that night, John wanted to stop at Taco Bell for a fourth meal Cheesy Gordita Crunch.




Well, let's just say John gets really really excited about it and we eat at Taco Bell a lot during that promotion.  We order, and of course I can't wait to get to the  house and starting eating mine in the car, which resulted in lots of lettuce and sour cream meshed into the seat etc; (God, don't ask John about finding my Sugar Baby under the seat)  

Anyhoo-we eventually get to back to John's house that he shared with the Brothers Nix , and spread our late night out on the floor of his bedroom, rehashing the evening and turning the television to something mindless.  In the midst of our midnight snack, I manage to knock over our "biggest one you got" fountain drink. Duhn duhn duhn...

Coke is all over the carpet-in the sense that I might as well have taken a two liter drink and just poured it on the floor.  John was rather upset and retrieves a towel, while I'm just completely useless  amused and laughing as hard as I can.  John is scrubbing up the spot, while I wittingly get my camera out to document this insane spillage.  John then proceeds to basically lose it on me about how I'm no help and to NOT take his *(&(^&%^%^%$%$#$#  picture.

I'm wounded.  

I can't believe he has yelled me.  

He can't believe he has to clean up my mess and that I laughed about it.  

Silence.  We ignore one another for a bit.  

Then, as it tends to do, the rainbow came back out and we hugged and got over it.  

Our first fight was behind us.  Don't cry over spilt milk coke.  That may not be as amusing as me eating a booger, but that was the next thing that came to mind this morning and the first thing John thought of last night when I requested a good story for the blog. 

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am loving the Lacey and John stories. Boogers, cokes, fights, oh my! Please keep them going!

And best wishes next week!!!

Lacey said...

Thanks Lindsay!!

Elizabeth Wood said...

I wish Spike had come into the story! I love these stories!!! Love you !!