Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ragin' on the Hobie



We loved taking the Hobie out.  John only hit me in the head once, with the sail.  He taught me how to steer it (it was not hard) and that I had to pay attention to those ribbons to understand what way the wind was blowing.  Again, probably common sense but I do better when it's spelled out.



I mean, come on, so stinkin' cute! And he wonders why I bite him on the face all the time.








When it's just the two of you, you end up with a million pictures like these.




John is in full concentration mode in this one.  I'm gleefully unaware.




The camera was getting water on the lens.




Of course we made friends.  Gavin and Carrie were from San Francisco, but Gavin originally hails from England.  His accent was great and I was obsessed with the fact Carrie is a zoo keeper.  You can imagine all the questions she had to field from me.  One of my first was whether or not anything really intense had ever attacked her.  She said the only scar she had was from a big parrot getting her on the shoulder.  They adopted a puppy while in Turks.  So fun, and I'm going to call them up next time I have to go to SF.




I was trying so hard to get in this one, but it's great of John!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Wood said...

I am dying laughing!!! SO CUTE! I would have loved to be there while you asked your new friends questions. Wish I could have been on that boat with you!!