My something old is really really OLD.
Dad called and has in his possession the handkerchief that seven generations of Handley women (Ma was a Handley, of the Roanoke Handleys) have carried down the aisle. It's about 200 years old and dates back before the Civil War. Cool, huh? I will wrap it around my bouquet.
It was Ma's grandmother's grandmother. Just to put it in perspective for you.
What was your something old? Or what will be your something old? I love family traditions. It makes me wanna sing some Hank REAL loud.
3 comments:
That is fabulous. My something old was my grandmother's earrings. My something new was my handkerchief around my bouquet! It had my old last name initial in the corner and I carried it for my deb ball, and then my mom had it monogrammed with my new last name initial in blue! Family traditions are the best. And singing that song loud is the only way to do it!
That's so cute and original! Haha I AGREE!
don't lose it, i lost mine :)
Post a Comment